Decorating for the Fall Holidays (Halloween & Thanksgiving) can be super fun and what better way than to head to a pumpkin patch, grab some of your favorite pumpkins, squash, and gourds to make your home look extra festive! We know the internet can be overwhelming with decorating ideas, so to help you avoid the Pinterest fails this season we figured we’d scour the internet for you and share some ideas that actually work when decorating with those pumpkins you picked up at Mr. Bones!
Let’s start with some fun Halloween pumpkin ideas!
- In case you missed it some of the team from PopSugar came by earlier this week to pick out a perfect pumpkin to try a DIY melted crayon pumpkin and it turned out great (see below) you can find out how to get the look here
(Image credit: PopSugar)
2. Minions were all the rage with kids this year so why not incorporate some of their favorite characters into their pumpkins? All you’ll need is some yellow, blue, and black paint, a couple of mason jar lids and a little imagination. Or if you’re feeling pressed for time swing by on a weekend and have our resident pumpkin painter Pashur paint one for you!
3. Nothing beats the feeling of actually carving the perfect pumpkin that you took the time to pick out. So how about trying this super cute trio? The olive eyes, almond teeth, and red hot mummy eyes really add a nice touch ha!
4. We are big fans of all the mini pumpkins and gourds we have but did you know you can carve those too? We love this idea from MarthaStewart.com that turns the minis into little vampires with the addition of some plastic fangs and red gems for eyes.
However, once Halloween is over it’s not time to put those pumpkins away just yet! One of the best things about Mr. Bones is that we carry such a variety of pumpkins that they can be used to create beautiful Fall themed tablescapes all the way into November. Try some of these ideas for your Fall dinner parties and your guests will sure to be impressed.
- Some of our favorites at the patch are the light orange and grey pumpkins which make for stunning fall decorations, just look at this setup by designer Ella Claire below! If you’re not in LA and can’t make it to Mr. Bones be sure to ask for “Cinderella” pumpkins and “Jarradale” squash to find these unusual squash. Complete the look with some wooden tree stump plaques like the ones found here , some sage leaves, and white candles.
2. Another great and simple idea we came across were these super cute pumpkins stuffed with succulents! They look so chic and are so simple to make, simply carve out the inside of any small white or orange pumpkin and insert any assortment of succulents that you prefer.
3. Perhaps the easiest of all the table set ups, but still gorgeous is this one with the lantern. All you have to do is purchase an assortment of mini gourds and fill an empty lantern for a centerpiece that is nothing short of perfection. This would also look amazing with a copper lantern if you can find one!
Well, we could go on all day about ways to use our pumpkins to make your house perfect for the holidays but we will stop here for now. Have more ideas for us? Let us know in the comments!